Power and Presence: What it Means to Lead Like a Woman
Holiday Inn Univeristy Center, 1250 W University Ave. Gainesville FL
Oct. 20, 2017
Gainesville , FL
Cancellation Policy: If you cannot attend the Workshop, written notification must be received at least one week prior to the course in order to recieve full refund on the registration amount. You may email or fax (352-392-5437) the written notification for a registration cancellation. You may either transfer to another class (transfer credit good for only one year), send a substitute, or receive a refund in the event you are not able to attend. In the event that a course is canceled, UF Conferences is not responsible for non-refundable travel fares or lodging deposits.
Do the same rules apply to men and women in leadership roles? Absolutely not. Leading effectively requires excellence in several key areas including communication skills to command respect, social and emotional intelligence skills to lead toward the same vision, nonverbal skills to demonstrate power and confidence, assertiveness skills to create and maintain credibility and interpersonal skills to read any group and adjust accordingly to build rapport and trust. And men and women establish these skills differently.
This program helps women define and demonstrate their specific leadership styles as well as increase executive presence and leverage their strengths and abilities.
Women will learn to:
- Overcome stereotyping and reframe language that sabotages success. Learn how specific language is counterproductive and which words to avoid. Understand the psychology behind stereotyping and how to strategically avoid gender traps.
- Communicate with power both in verbal and nonverbal language.Use nonverbal communication to command respect and verbal communication to build rapport and get agreement.
- Leverage strengths to achieve and sustain credibility. Assess personal strengths and utilize universal perceptions to leverage credibility.
- Project confidence consistently. Understand what it takes to always maintain an air of confidence, plus tools to reenergize and build on confidence no matter what the circumstances.
- Empower and influence others toward achieving mutual goals. Learn skills to utilize empathetic listening and foster an environment of open, respectful communication.
Workshop Facilitator: Jennifer Webb
Jennifer Webb is an internationally recognized motivational speaker, author, consultant, trainer and coach, one of a prestigious group of women using magic as a technique to inspire, motivate and educate.
Jennifer’s extraordinary programs combine magic, psychology, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Emotional Intelligence, accelerated learning, behavioral kinesiology and other interactive tools to reach people instantly with messages of inspiration and content. Her most popular programs are designed to propel thinking from challenges and frustration to “can do” and “possibilities. Her core message: Our attitudes and expectations create our realities and impact everyone around us; when we reprogram how we think we create the results we’re looking for.
Business communications specialist, human performance coach, author of four books on human potential and motivational speaker with a background and graduate degree in psychology, Jennifer teaches how to increase peak performance and create and reach goals. Her client base ranges from Honeywell Space Systems to Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Microsoft, American Airlines, the U.S. Navy and Airforce and leaders in numerous industries. She also served as a personal power coach for CBS Morning News, Reno affiliate for three years.