94th Annual SEMA Short Course and Conference
Oct. 31 - Nov. 2, 2022
This 3-day event will benefit beginning as well as experienced metering, energy management, customer service and power quality personnel by providing an opportunity to learn new solutions to common problems and to discuss new technologies with representatives of the utility industry.
Recent Projects at the FPA Power Quality Lab Include:
These projects represent areas which are impacting both customers and utilities. Our lab and power program, and thus our students, are on the cutting edge in these areas. Your firm is welcome to submit other projects for study.
- Power Quality and Power Electronic Systems laboratory. This is the only lab in the world with the capability of generating 3-phase arbitrary power level voltages and currents to apply to power systems, and devices such as meters, transformers, motors, drives and lights. The lab performs both physical testing and computer simulation of steady-state and dynamic situations in the power system.
- Comprehensive Electric Power Engineering Program with 16 courses ranging from undergraduate to graduate levels in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Short Courses and Conferences.
- Consulting and project work for individuals and firms.
- Remote monitoring anywhere worldwide via telephone lines using advanced and outdoor hardened instruments to measure volts, current, power quality, etc.
- Flexible-Reliable-Intelligent Electric Energy Delivery System.
- Unbundled Power Quality Services.* Hierarchical Control with Flexible AC Transmission Devices.
- Revenue Meter Accuracy Under Controlled Unbalanced Harmonic Voltage & Current Conditions.
- A comprehensive harmonic Study of Electronic Ballast and their Effect on a Utilities 12kV, 10 MVA Feeder.
- Measurement of Electrical Power Inputs to Solid State Motor Drives.
- Custom Power and Power Quality Research Programs.* Photovoltaic Heat Pump Development.
- Electric Vehicle Impacts on Distribution Systems.* Wavelet Applications in Power Systems.
All cancellations must be received in writing by mail, fax or email. Registration fees less $75 will be refunded upon receipt of written request by September 30, 2022. Refund requests made after that time will not be honored, and the participant or sponsoring organization will be responsible for the fee. Anyone who is registered but cannot attend may send a substitute.
The University may cancel or postpone any course or activity because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If a program is canceled or postponed, the university will refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for any other related costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines or travel agencies.
By electing to take the group photo for this conference I understand that my photograph may be electronically displayed via the Internet or in the public educational setting.