Creativity & Community: Theatre and the Arts for Health and Healing in Puerto Rico Summer Theatre Intensive
May 13-29, 2022
Creativity & Community: Theatre and the Arts for Health and Healing in Puerto Rico
Join the UF College of the Arts School of Theatre and Dance and Center for Arts in Medicine for this Summer 2022 adventure. Working with the Puerto Rican theatre company Y No Había Luz, build upon your artistic practice and discover how creativity can be a healing tool in communities. During this hands-on experience in Puerto Rico, members of the Y No Habia Luz company and special guests from various communities will guide participants through an educational experience showcasing how to leverage the arts for community well-being.
During this intensive program, participants will work closely with the Puerto Rican theater company Y no había luz to discover how creativity can be a healing tool in communities. Participants will take an inside look at the creative processes that Y no habia luz uses and experience practical aspects of art and theatre-making in community settings.
Participants in this program will:
- Develop artistic skills that become tools for social and emotional well-being
- Identify and practice aspects of theater, dance and the visual arts that are effective catalysts for community healing
- Engage in cultural exchange through art-making and fellowship
Program Fee: $3975 USD
- A $600 non-refundable deposit toward the total cost of the program is due at the time of acceptance into the program.
- The remaining fees ($3375) are due no later than April 1, 2022.
Spots are guaranteed upon receipt of the $600 non-refundable deposit.
- Withdrawal between the final payment due date and 30 days prior to participant arrival will incur a penalty of 50% per participant.
- Withdrawal between 29 days and 1 day before the start of a program will incur a penalty of 75% per participant.
- Withdrawal at any point upon arrival or after the program start will result in no refund.
- Most financial aid that you would receive on campus can be applied toward the cost of this program, however, all financial aid eligibility is determined by Student Financial Affairs. Delayed payments due to financial aid disbursements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.